As I’ve grown up, there’s one thing I know for certain about life. And that’s that being an adult can be hard. Really hard. It’s different when you’re a kid. All you’ve gotta do is be a good child, get good grades, and make your parents proud. None of this paying the bills crap, stressing about work, or making time to visit your friends.
And one of the things that’s grown harder for me as, do I dare say, get older, is to stay healthy and have the beach body I used to have when I was 20-years-old.
There are so many different things that stop me from staying fit and healthy, including my time restrictions, having a social life, and the lack of energy after an 8-hour day of work.
That’s why I wanted to find a form of exercise that I could do at home and didn’t require too much energy, while still helping me stay fit, toned, and sexy.
And that’s why I started doing Yoga.
The Benefits Of Yoga For Getting Toned
Even though Yoga isn’t as rigorous and aggressive as other forms of exercise, it’s still great for staying in shape:
- It’s got scientific research to back it up. Here’s a study proving that yoga was substantially greater at burning fat compared to stretching for overweight women who struggled to exercise; both being safe, “newbie-friendly” forms of exercise.
- Yoga can help you build lean muscle mass and studies show that people with more muscle tend to have higher metabolic rates than those who don’t; metabolic rates are important for helping you stay in shape.
- Resistance training is required to build muscle which improves your metabolism. Yoga uses only your bodyweight which makes it a safe form of resistance training compared to lifting weights. .
- It’s not-so intense that it’ll ramp up your hunger levels. Intense exercise can cause you to burn too many calories which puts your body into a huge calorie deficit (which is one of the main causes for “yoyo diets”). Yoga doesn’t have that problem because it’s not as rigorous as other forms of exercise; it’ll help you burn calories while not increasing your satiety levels too much.
- It helps you become aware of what you’re eating. People who do yoga testify it has helped them become more mindful of the food they eat, so they don’t tend to binge as much.
- It promotes a healthy lifestyle. Exercise is one of those snowball habits; when you start doing it, you’ll naturally want to start exercising more, correcting your sleep, eating healthy, drinking more water, etc. and all of these things help with staying in shape.
These are just a few of the benefits that come with yoga and how it can achieve the body of your dreams. So, if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to get toned, boost your metabolism, and get your beach body all from the comfort of your own home…
Maybe you’re like me and you’re wanting a body that you can be confident enough to wear a bikini at the beach to… Or maybe you’re just looking to revamp your relationship with your husband, and respark his attraction for you in ways you couldn’t even imagine…
Whatever the case may be, if you’re looking to take the next step with yoga, click here to be taken to a yoga program made specifically for women.